Meet the winemaker
A tour for wine lovers who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the wine and a feel for the traditions behind it – Penedès Valley
Interested in how our wines are hand-crafted, right here in Artcava? Then, consider taking a “Meet the Winemaker” tour. This intimate tour of the winery and chat with the winemaker is a fantastic way to experience Eric’s sparkling wines. Try a sample of “wine in progress”, or some trendy wines from the region, chat with the winemaker and taste some delicious regional products like vermouth, ratafia (green-nuts liquor).
This is an exclusive tour of Artcava winery: taste some superb wines and sparkling not available to the public. Wander through the vineyards at your leisure with the winemaker, learning about viticulture and the wine making process. Visiting with him the Penedès wine region, a turn into it, landscapes, wineries…
First, we’ll turn into the Penedès valley, visiting other wineries, landscapes & viewpoints, once back to Artcava, we will visit our vineyards and see the vines being worked, later a short tour in our facilities. We will finish with an extensive tasting of the fruits of those labors at the family-run winery, and not only our products, we’ll add some traditional beverages from Catalonia.
These tours have been designed for people who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the wine they are tasting and a feel for the traditions behind it.
- Local train station pick up (be green and sustainable using public transport)
- Chauffeured transportation here in a brand new 9-seater van or a 7-seater people carrier
- Private guided tour at their vineyards and explanation of grape varieties, soils, growing methods and vine labors, turn into the valley visiting other winemakers and cellars (one or two taste-and-go tours in other wineries), also stunning viewpoints.
- Guided tour at the Artcava winery conducted by the winemaker and tasting session of 5 wines from their portfolio, and other local products
- Relaxed circles and chat with Eric
- All admission fees and all tastings
- Food and water, home-made lunch served at a private farmhouse from 11th century or local restaurant (depending on availability)
PRIVATE TOUR FOR TWO : 320€/person
(A tour for a single party of 2)
PRIVATE TOUR FOR A GROUP : 250€/person
(A single party tours. Size: from 3 up to 8 people)
Duration: from 9am to 6pm
Availability: All year
Starting Time: 9:00
Need more help?
If you have any doubt or need some additional support, do not hesitate to contact us through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +34 647 90 67 42 (Èric)
Book it here