Meet the foodie
A tour for food lovers interested in how we eat and how we drink in Catalonia.
f you are one of those persons who plan their trips according with restaurants, markets, food courts or hawkers, and monuments or museums are just things to do in between meals, this is your tour. Catalan cuisine has its own category in the world panorama of kitchens according to the culinary writer and editor Colman Andrews, author of Catalan Cuisine; Europe’s Last Great Culinart Secret.
“Catalonia, just as it has a language, law, customs, its own history and a political ideal, has a cuisine. There are regions, nationalities, peoples which have a special, characteristic dish without having a cuisine. Catalonia does have one, and it has something else besides: a great power to assimilate the dishes of other cuisines, like the French and the Italian, making them its own and modifying the according to its own style and taste… Catalan cuisine is essentially natural; it is not expensive, and it is tasty.”
Ferran Agulló Llibre de la cuina catalana.
Let us introduce in this world of flavors, aromas and tasty combinations. From fork breakfast (A full hot dish with wine, olives and coffee) till the Afternoon snack (Berenar). We are going to do a seasonal gastronomic journey of one day.
Penedès with its privileged situation, joins the sea with the mountains, the north with the south, the wine with the food. Land of Cava and also an not that known amazing still wines. We are going to pair them in a fantastic experience.
These tours have been designed for people who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the food and wine they are tasting and a feel for the traditions behind it.
Duration: from 9am to 6pm
- Local train station pick up (be green and sustainable using public transport)
- Chauffeured transportation here in a brand new 9-seater van or a 7-seater people carrier
- Private guided tour at local markets, bars or taverns and also stunning viewpoints.
- Guided tour at the Artcava winery conducted by the foodie and a tasting session of 3 wines from their portfolio.
- Relaxed conversations with Ramon
- All admission fees and all tastings
- Food and water, home-made lunch served at a private farmhouse from 11th century or local restaurant (depending on availability)
PRIVATE TOUR FOR TWO : 320€/person
(A tour for a single party of 2)
PRIVATE TOUR FOR A GROUP : 250€/person
(A single party tours. Size: from 4 up to 8 people)
Duration: from 9am to 6pm
Availability: All year
Starting Time: 9:00
If you have any doubt or need some additional support, do not hesitate to contact us through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +34 647 90 67 42 (Èric)